Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September 30, 2012 – Nandito Ako! (I’m Here!)


Wow!  Time has gone by so fast!  It's merciless!  It just keeps going!  And if you don't keep up, you're going to get left behind trying to catch up, like chasing after a wave on a surfboard.  With that analogy, it's October and I'm already close to my 9 month mark on the mission!  Oh man, does time fly!  And next week is transfer week, so i'll be spending most of this week being anxious as to whether or not I am transferring!  Wow, it feels like Elder Coe just got here! Haha!

Well, let me write down a few awesome experiences we’ve had this week.  One, with the new OYM (Open Your Mouth) focus we've been able to contact 3 UMCs (upper and middle class families).  We actually have a return appointment to one later today.  Wish us luck!  It's just made work much happier because we talk to people, get to know them, laugh with them. I definitely feel like I’m getting to know the people a lot more and my Tagalog is getting a lot more casual and conversational.  All forms of fear are slowly dissipating with faith.  Of course, there is always that nervous feeling but I can testify that as you have the desire to share the gospel, the Spirit will put into your hearts, the things that ye must say, even in the very moment that you need it. (D&C 100) Don't be afraid to share the gospel.  Remember that we have the ONLY TRUTH!  All those you care about deserve to know what makes you, you, and how they can attain the happiness that emanates from you.  It is noticeable in your countenance.

One of our investigators in Bubgo Barangay came to church on Sunday!  The Perez family.  They walked the 6km to get to church.  WOW!   Such faith is amazing!  You know 6km doesn't seem that far if you have a car, but it's a long way for someone new to the gospel to take that leap of faith and walk to church.  ^_^  BEST DAY EVER!   Brother Munar, who is in the process of returning from less activity, has now officially stopped smoking!!!  YAY!!!! BEST DAY EVER!  I have no doubt he will be returning soon! Nikko and RJ Novencido are our other focus for reactivation.  Their dad has just been reactivated, thanks to his RM daughter and now we are working on his sons, who are less active in the gospel because they go to a private Catholic school and are doubting the principles of the gospel.  But they are asking us great questions of the soul which can all be answered by the scriptures. 15 and 18 are their ages.  So, this is a critical time for them to figure out what they believe in.  I have great hopes for them.

Transfers in Magsaysay went great! Elder Alvarez thinks there's a ghost in their apartment and it has had history of freakiness, but nothing weird happened when I was there. Go figure.  It was just a little uneasy, is all.  Anyway, that's not the important thing.  We were able to teach some really good lessons, Elder Alvarez and I.  He's a great missionary and he has such great love for everyone.  My favorite lesson was teaching about the Atonement to a part less active family.  When teaching about the Atonement, I asked an inspired questions and the Nanay (mother) started to cry.  She felt the Love of the Savior and shared a great testimony of the knowledge that Christ is her Savior.  The following Sunday, her husband who had been less active for 10 years came to church!!! WOOOHOO!!  Magsaysay Branch is really growing; they went from 37 people attending church to 117 last week.  Elder Quinton and Elder Alvarez are doing so well.  ^_^  The work is moving forward and I know it is true.

Spiritual thought of the week:
"Let your hearts be comforted, for all things shall work together for good, to them that walk uprightly, and to the sanctification of the church." (D&C 100:15)
I hope you all feel comforted in knowing that the Lord will always be with you.  Ask for His blessings. He wants so much to bless you.  I testify that the Father and the Son live, and that they do love us, and that they talk to men today through prophets and scriptures. These things I say in the Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Next week is transfer week so I won't be online until Wednesday (here) okay?  It's been soooooo fast!!!!!!!  I hope I can have my birthday here in Mindoro with the Whitings and everyone. 

Bye, Mom!  Thank you for being such a great influence in my life!  When I’m in doubt, I just think, “Okay, what did mom teach me to do?” and I usually end up fine!  ^_^ I love you so much.  I hope you have a good night, bye!


Doing You Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^

Just goofing around...
With Elder Alvarez during exchanges
Magsaysay
Some investigators
I have weird friends, but thanks for all of the drawings!!!!!
Full moon in the Philippines



No comments:

Post a Comment