Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 26, 2013 - Kumusta Po!

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and all y’all,

KUMUSTA PO KAYO?  So it’s only been 5 days since my last email but things have been picking up quite quickly.  I have many experiences to share that I’ve had time to write down so it makes them just even more special and allows me to share more details about them.  But first how are you doing?  I feel like I’m being selfish just talking about me all the time so I just want to know how you are and make this less about me.  I feel quite self-centered sometimes when I write because it’s all about MY experiences, and MY feelings, and MY mission. How is your mission going?  Whoa… that’s pretty deep, isn’t it?  How is YOUR mission? Do you know what your mission is? Just a little something to think about…  You are welcome : )

10/22/12 Monday:  We were just taking care of a lot of things in the office like reimbursements, interviews, check runs, bill payments, mail run…etc.  Monday is P-day for everyone else so that many of them from the zones nearby come to drop off bills and pick up mail and such.  It was good.  President came in from 12-2:30 and afterwards we went with the APs and President and Sister Delamare to Chili’s and President treated me to lunch for my birthday!  He is very generous!  He also got us unlimited chips and salsa. It taste just like it does in America ^_^.  I got a nice shrimp pasta that I was going to pay for myself but President said, “Don’t worry about it, Elder Froude.  Libre.”  Haha!  He’s amazing!  It was really good.  Kind of expensive but sooo good!  I was so satisfied. ^_^ 

Then there was a birthday cinnamon chip and ice-cream thing that they brought out and it was delicious. Best day ever!  *Personal Note*  I use the phrase “Best Day Ever” all of the time not because it is literally the best day I’ve ever had in my life, but just to exaggerate my appreciation for small things that to me are wonderful.  “By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.” (Alma 37:6)  I personally like to appreciate the small things.  ^_^

10/23/12 Tuesday: Thought it was going to be a normal day at the office with not as much to do.  Little did I know that things would very easily become busy.  We started by doing the normal things at the office, answering emails and texts.  We even went to Pasig City to get mail for the mission. It took us 2 hours to get there and back, not because it’s far but because the traffic was so bad.  But it’s always like that apparently. The distance is probably from Natomas to Foothills. The cities are really close to each other here in Metro Manila.  Anyway, it felt good to go back through Pasig again and pass by the houses of the first few people I used to teach.

Anyway, so we get back after a long drive back to the office. A few hours later, we try to go to the Area Office and pick up mail and some bills. BUT, we have a FLAT TIRE! Oh no!  It was flat before we even left, thank goodness, so we just pulled to the side of the parking lot and for the first time, I helped change a tire on my mission. You don’t see that every day!  It was a very messy but fun experience.  I actually got some sun for the first time in a while. Haha!



Add caption
Other than that, not much has happened. Oh except for a few overages in some apartment leases that I’m working on fixing before the next quarter. Man, there are a lot of things I need to dig up, read, and evaluate on this one. Haha! I guess this is a good position because it’s teaching me how to deal with taxes, apartment leases, landlord, dealing with other financial issues, and keeping things in order and on time. I guess I’m being trained for something in the future. Who knows?

(Back to email)

Okay well, the hour is now almost done so I should be saying bye now. I just want you all to know that I really do love and miss you guys and I'm so happy I have your support today.  A lot of people don't have that solid family connection that I have with you all so I'm really happy and I feel truly blessed to have you here by my side at the moment, even though it is just through the computer.  So thank you so much and I love you! ^_^

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^

The Office.  Wearing the belt that you sent me.   
My companion and I. 
Sister Missionaries baptisms from a week ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment