Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 11, 2013 - One Year Mark!!!

Dear Mom, Dad, and Ryan,

                Wow, life has been just awesome! Busy and I’m a little kulang(lacking) on sleep this last week because of emergency transfers, taking zone leaders to the airport and just catching up from transfer week so things have been a little bit crazy, but all in all, life is great and I’m learning so much.
                
                My companion is awesome! He’s a really great loving guy.  He’s pretty humble too and I enjoy how he applies the gospel to everything.  He’s been helping me speak Tagalog a lot more because I’ve been slacking living with Americans the last 2 transfers. He’s the best!  I just feel sorry for him a lot of the time because he had almost no training for his new position so he’s stressing about it.  I’ve been doing my best to help him and it works out a lot of the time but we are just always stressed trying to get all of our work done, especially since we’re on call by president.  So we just do what we can. The president sends us out to run some errands or we need to get a few things and it just takes up so much time being in traffic.  Speaking of which, we had to do some emergency transfers yesterday.  5 companionships were affected.  And guess what? They were all at different ends of the mission from each other, so that took up our whole morning, and I got lost on the way home so that took us a while too.  Haha!  Man, life is crazy, but I’m so glad I have my supportive companion with me. He’s always making stressful times happier times and we talk about a lot of things so we are quite open with each other.  It’s fun. 

                Other than that, we are just doing our normal running around trying to keep the mission running; all of the behind the scenes stuff and it’s been good.  Oh, I was able to teach a district meeting for my district for the first time this transfer.  It was great!  We were able to set very specific goals to work on to help us focus on finding and bringing more priesthood to the church.  Our goals were: 

1.         5 referrals asked for (not necessarily received) each day per companionship.
2.        Member visits about sharing the gospel
3.        Focus on teaching potential priesthood

So with these goals, we are hoping to get more finding done and get the wards more involved with missionary work. I have high hopes for these goals because I have prayed about them and feel they are what my district needs. Later, after the meeting, Sister Shumway came up to me and said, “Thanks for these great specific goals. I have been praying about how we’re going to tackle this area and your goals have been an answer to my worries. It’s comforting to know that our district leader has been seeking revelation for our areas.” One thing I’ve learned and have been seeking to do is pray for confirmation regarding goals and solutions to certain needs and hardships about our areas. It was something that helped guide us in Mindoro and something I want to bring over to the City too.  So I can’t wait to see how this affects the missionaries in my district in the next few weeks.

Other than that, I am officially one year old in the mission. Whoohoo!!!  It’s bittersweet, but all I can do is just keep serving with all my heart and mind and I’ll make it the best last year of my mission. I can’t wait to see how this next adventure will unfold.  I can’t wait to see how this will make me grow, and I can’t wait to go out and help those people the Lord has prepared.

I hope you all are doing well.  Until next time…

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^
Playing with my camera
Being resourceful and improvising
With Sister Shumway, a sister I served with in Mindoro
More missionaries
My new companion, Elder Peralta (a different Peralta), left foreground, Elder Duenas (he used to be my DL in Mindoro, now an AP) sitting on the chair, Elder Stoddard (AP), and me.  We're the office missionaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment