Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 9, 2013 – Congratulations to Elder Froude!!!

Dear Mom, Dad, Elder Ryan Froude, and everyone else that was able to say goodbye and good luck to my beloved brother,

Well, first and foremost, Ryan, I mean Elder Froude is leaving for his mission in 2 days! It is a great and exciting time for him and I wish him the best!  It will be great to know that I have a brother out in the field that will be able to understand what kinds of trials and experiences missionaries go through, and I assure you, it’s not as easy as you think (As if it has ever sounded easy!).  Well, the Lord refines those that He loves through the fires of tribulation. And I’m excited to see my brother once again, 2 years from now as a refined man that the Lord will make him out to become.

It amazing to me to see how far I’ve come in these last few months myself.  It’s really great to see that I have been able to progress in my own ways and it has really been line upon line, precept upon precept. Nothing I’ve experienced has been a quick change but rather a gradual process that has helped me to understand certain points of life, and only when I’ve looked back have I noticed the change.  I guess that’s the point of the mission… very frequent but small changes that can accumulate to a giant change in only a few months or even weeks!  It’s a lot like life!  Wow!  Mind blown!

This week has been quite interesting all on its own.  We did not get to teach as much as I would have liked to this week but we had many new and different experiences that have made up the difference. Except the time spent traveling… I’m not a big fan of commuting as a missionary.

Tuesday, we had a good day of work and that was basically it for the week because Wednesday we woke up and got a text from the branch president’s wife saying that the newborn daughter of one of the members died 24 hours after she was born.  So, we spent most of the afternoon there are their house for the wake/funeral, then went to the graveyard.  I was asked to dedicate the grave, something I’ve never done before.  It was a very solemn experience that really made me think about the fragility of life and the necessity of the Gospel.  It made me think about the time I found out my grandmother had died over a year ago and how I was able to cope with that because of the knowledge I had gained about the Plan of Salvation and about eternal families.  Note: My family has done temple work for her and my grandfather so if they have accepted it, this would all have been worth it. But it was a very self-reflecting experience that has helped me think for the future.

Thursday, we went to the mission home for Mission Leadership Council. It lasted till 3 and we didn’t really get home until like 8:30 pm because we met at Elder and Sister Jensen’s house.  We had a birthday party for them, they are great really! It was a good council meeting and we learned much and planned about the zone training tomorrow about increasing our convert baptisms.

Friday, we had a somewhat service project which ended up canceling on us. Then we went out to work a little bit but I was feeling weak all that day. I don’t know why.  Saturday, we went to one of the farthest areas in the zone to interview candidates for baptism and it was like a one hour travel one way.  So, we didn’t get back till like 7:30 that night.  Man that was a handful! 

Sunday was an okay day of work but we taught an awesome recent convert family that night that lived far away but it was okay.  Life is good though. Everything has been working out well.  I feel the promise in Doctrine and Covenants 100:15 being fulfilled: “And all things shall work together for good, to them that walk uprightly and to the sanctification of the church.”

I am doing really good.  No more fever; it went away along with the rash although I’m like having on and off days with energy but I’m doing good today.  I am happy and I’m enjoying the new socks that you sent me!  I’ve never thought that new socks would make someone so happy!  Haha!  It really makes a big difference!

I’m kind of stressing out about the zone training I have to teach tomorrow but that will work out fine.  My biggest worry right now is next week when we have a zone activity , mission tour, and district conference all in the same week and then the next day is transfer day.  O.o man!  It will be a busy week!  But nothing I haven’t been able to overcome before.  Coordinating and planning is all!  Haha! 

Okay, goodnight.  Thanks for the updates and everything.  Be strong for Ryan, okay?  He’s going to need it.  I know you can do it! Don’t let stress get you down this week!  Endure to the end and you’ll see that the Lord was with you the whole time!  I’ll see you in a few months!  Love you all!

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^

The Zone with the new Mission President, Pres. Revillo and his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment