Sunday, October 20, 2013

October 18, 2013 – “Seek ye first the kingdom of God…”


Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Elder Froude 2,

                Another week of twists, turns, and exciting events! Success has been achieved in all aspects of the work so far and inasmuch as I have kept my promise to study the scriptures. For the scriptures so state in Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” It’s a promise that’s been given to me several times by many different leaders and I’ve held on to that and sure enough, no matter how hectic the schedule has been I’ve been able to overcome it with more strength than I had expected, despite the lack of sleep and food. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. In my new assignment, that strength is vital. Thanks be to God!

                It’s really hard to pick out certain experiences by day or chronologically because this entire week has seemed like a blur. Let’s start with some good news… Sister Merci (different from Teresa) has accepted the invitation to be baptized and will be baptized in 1 week! We are so excited for her! She ran into a little obstacle on the way but she is showing great faith and pressing forward. I know the Lord will bless her life in the weeks to come. It’s funny how all of the investigators that I teach to be baptized have something come up before their baptism.  So, expect baptism pictures next week!
 
Sister Merci
                 I’ve been lacking in sleep lately. We’ve had to take a few people to the airport at 4:00 am to be sent home for medical reasons. It was sad to see them go but they said they will be back as soon as they can. We had to pick them up from various parts of the mission, go outside of the mission to the airport, come back, and then drop off another one at the bus stop. Immediately afterwards, we went home to shower and change then go directly to Pasig for a zone interview until 7:30 pm. While doing our assigned workshop, I felt so bad because someone was answering a question and I had no idea what they said because my mind shut off for a second, but I was able to wake myself up after that. Then we took some sisters to their apartment in Marikina. Marikina used to be Elder Pedrola’s old area so he wanted me to try this special sisig (pork dish cooked in spices and calamansi juice, which is like lemon here in the USA) that he thinks is the best. I will now tell the story of the greatest sisig!


                On our quest for the Greatest Sisig, tired and hungry from our long journey, we take many different rights and lefts to get to the greatest sisig place. We got lost at one point but promptly made it back to the right path. We then arrived at this small shop for where they sell this sisig for 50 pesos but we had to buy our own egg and rice. Haha! Elder Pedrola kept saying how it was the best sisig that he has had. Tired and hungry, we wait for the sisig and sit down to eat. I’m enjoying the sisig although konti yung portions (portions were small…meaning one order is not enough for growing boys like the missionaries!). But I thought it was good and then Elder Pedrola, realizing that something was wrong told me, “I’m sorry Elder Froude… that it is purong taba (almost all fat). Then I realized that there was barely any meat in it! But instead of reacting negatively about it, I just laughed! It was a fun adventure! Elder Pedrola and I have both had a long day and then our dinner wasn’t the best, but it was fun. We could have made it seem like it was the worst day ever, being up since 4:00 am, but we just laughed it off. It was the best decision we made!

Yummy Sisig!
                The next day, we took President Revillo to the airport at 4:00 am so he could go to Mindoro and afterwards we emergency transferred (ET) 3 elders and sisters to replace the ones that just left. Again, from various parts of the mission to other further parts of the mission. So, we’ve been doing a whole lot of driving lately, to and from the airport, and have been in, basically, every zone in the last 3 days for one thing or another, and still found time to prepare Sister Merci for her baptismal interview which is later today at 6:30 pm. All is well.

                I hope you are doing well this week! I’ll be 21 in a couple of days! Thanks for the video cake and eating it for me! Have a great week and I love you!

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^    

Happy 21st birthday, Elder Froude!!!
In front of the Manila Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment