Monday, June 11, 2012

June 6, 2012 – Sa totoo lang (To tell you the truth…)

I'm not sure if I can write a long email today so I’ll just give you a short version of what I want to say and finish it up on Monday when I’m feeling better because I can't concentrate.  But don't worry, I got a priesthood blessing so everything will be fine :) I have faith.

Last Tuesday was zone interviews.  My interview with my mission president was quite short.  Other missionaries say that president usually gives you a hint when you are getting transferred like, "So, are you ready for some changes?  Do you feel responsible enough?”  But I had no idea!  He didn't give me any definite hint or anything, but that's okay.  I found out today that I'm being transferred to Mindoro!  Mindoro is an island south of the mainland and apparently ripe for the picking.  Missionaries say president only sends the best of the best over there.  Many legendary missionaries who have gone there have opened and sustained an entire branch single handedly!  I'm excited to be working there!

Later on Tuesday we had a very powerful lesson with an investigator, Sister Viray.  It was one of the most spiritual lessons I’ve taught because I felt like my words were led by the Spirit.  And suddenly I asked her to commit to baptism… after a pause she said Yes!  Woohoo!!!  It was a great lesson.  Very inspiring.

Wednesday was quite awkward at the end of the night.  We had stopped by to visit a referral, although he wasn't aware we were coming, we thought he was.  And he's a former Catholic priest.  Very opinionated about religion and it was awkward.  There were many things I wanted to say that I didn't get to because a member who came with us, Sister Estandarte, started bearing her beautiful testimony to him.  And then the wife, who is a lawyer, kind of kicked us out, she said, "The kids are looking for Jack and we both have work in the morning so if you don't mind?"  Haha!  I was laughing on the inside because of that.  Overall, it was an interesting experience because everything he said about his problem with religion I could answer with my knowledge of the restoration, which is what I wanted to do, but I didn't get the chance.

On Friday we had exchanges.  It was interesting to get a taste of how it would be in new area.  I got to meet new people all day and practiced building relationships through trust which will be key in Mindoro.

Sunday was fast Sunday and that's when I started having small sharp headaches.  Then Monday, I just felt not good the whole day though I trudged on and did my best.  Tuesday in the early morning, I found out I had a fever (102.8) and it came to pass that I stayed in bed all day with headaches and weak legs.  It's the same today except I go to the bathroom every 2 hours or so.  I barely made it here to the computer shop just next to the house because I get dizzy standing up!  But I got a priesthood blessing so I should be fine soon.  I just hope I'm well enough to make it to the transfer meeting.

By the way, thank you so much for the Taylor Swift card!!! I loved it so much!!!!  I literally jumped up and down screaming when I got it two weeks ago.  Elder Hilbert is jealous case he's a fan too!  Haha!  Oh, and I finally got a new camera so I will be sending you pictures.

Laney is such a fatty!!!  And she's big too!  Sister Gomez's son Sean is a month older than her and is small in comparison!  She's going to grow up tall or something.  Lauren looks great too!

Okay, I'll go back home and sleep this off.  Love you all!

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^
Zone picture with President





With the Arduo Family
With one of the Arduo's kids

With the La Torre Family
My housemates and 2 AP's (assistant to the president)
Bro. and Sis. Ormond and Elder Barrow

No comments:

Post a Comment