Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 23, 2013 - Tripanionship

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and all my friends and family,

Life is so good right now…some problems with obedience had occurred in the house but they were resolved quickly and things have been great ever since. It is as if our area had completely turned around. Before, it was as if none of our investigators would progress and things felt at a standstill but now, all of our investigators are now progressing and they are all asking the right questions. We were even able to give out a baptismal date to an investigator who lives down the street.

There have been so many miracles this week I don't think I can type them all but I will try my best. On Wednesday we decided to go finding on our way to an appointment because we got punted. Well, I decided to talk to these two random guys sitting on the corner of the street. We talked to them about Jesus Christ and about forever families and they wanted to learn more. So we taught them about the Restoration on the side of the road. haha. It was loud sometimes but the Spirit was still there. We have a return appointment with Jun Aquino and Jayson next week. I feel we were really led by the Spirit to find them. Not that we felt any sort of specific prompting to talk to them but we just went about with our message in our hearts and our willingness to share it and we were led to those who would receive us.

The next day we got punted from a different appointment on the other side of town. It was around 4 or 5 pm so there were many people out in the street. So we decided to try to find new investigators. So we start walking down this street and this one man about 45 years old asked us where Elder Linder was, the elder I had replaced. We told him that he was reassigned to Pasig and that we wanted to share with him about Jesus Christ. He said, oh, I’m not interested but my friends are... so he points us inside his house where there are a group of 5 friends all over 35 years old around a table, kind of like a Filipino version of "Friends," but they invited us in and wondered what we were doing. One of them said that they are Mormons sharing their message. So they quickly bombarded us with questions like, who is Mormon? What are you sharing about? Do we have to pay to listen to you? And such like that. Elder Basalo and I professionally answered all of their questions but centered it all on Jesus Christ. Finally, the question came up, what makes your religion different from ours? That is when we shared about the Book of Mormon and the Spirit flooded the room. They were suddenly really interested since we asked them if they knew that Jesus Christ visited Ancient America. We tried to give them a Tagalog version but they said, "Do you have one in English, we understand that one better." It was a great experience and opportunity, especially since they are all middle/ upper class citizens. They have much potential and want us to come back next week with and English version of the Book of Mormon. ^_^

Yup yup and so many miracles have happened since then. Like yesterday, we went on splits so I was with a 16 year old young man named Jomel and we taught about the scriptures to Brother Bricks and Sister Mika. They have been taught by the missionaries for a long time but I decided that we needed to invite them to read the scriptures every day. We talked for a little bit and I saw that they had a guitar.  So I asked if I could play it. They said sure and so I opened up by playing A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief.  And then I played "More Than Words" cause that's the only other song I had memorized. haha. It's been like a year and a half since I’ve been able to play guitar!  It was great because they loved the song and that just increased the love and charity I had for the family.  It also got their sister to be interested in what I had to share too.  I was able to teach most of the lesson and Jomel more his testimony but in it I shared my strong faith in the scriptures especially about 2 Nephi 32:3 about how the words of Christ will tell you all things that ye should do. That seemed to strike a chord in them and the Spirit entered the room. An hour had almost passed and they were asking more about the Book of Mormon. I told them that we had to continue it another time because we had another appointment but I was able to give a copy of the Book of Mormon to Brick's Ate who said she wanted to read it. It was a great lesson. Jomel loved and wants to serve a mission more now than before!

Of course, all of these great blessings and miracles took lots of hard work and sacrifice.  Certain trials and challenges had to be faced before these blessings were able to come.  But in all things, do it cheerfully and you'll see the hand of God in your life.  Of this I testify.

Doing you Proude,
Elder Froude ^_^

Taking investigators to the temple

The Javier Family


With Pres. and Sis. DelaMare and Ben
Hamming it up with Sis. Wilson and photobombers
Rainy season in the Phils.

No comments:

Post a Comment