Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 15, 2013 - Life is awesome!


Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and all those who love life,

How are you doing my wonderful familia? Life is awesome :)  Yet another amazing week!  It started off with working hard the first few days, getting sick on Wednesday but bouncing right back and having a wonderful baptism on Saturday.  We had 5 baptisms in our zone this week!  That's right, I had the honor of baptizing Brother Rodel Luna Vinadas just a few days ago and actually that comes with a funny story.



We went in the morning to fill up the baptismal font and get the room prepared for the baptism.  Then 5 o’ clock comes around (the baptism is at 6) and his neighbors, who are members, tell us that he wasn’t going to be able to make it to the baptism until late because of some emergency.  So, Elder Acera and I went to his house to find him but his wife said he was in Cainta (a city far away) because their landlord was evicting them or something to that effect.  So, we asked how she knew and she said her friend's husband is with him right now and her friend showed her the text.  Anyway, we tried to get the number for the guy but she didn't have it so instead, we walked for 45 minutes to the cement plant at the closest mountain to find her friend to get the number of her husband to get Brother Rodel to the baptism or find out if we need to postpone it.  So we walk for ages in anxiety trying to figure out what's going on with our investigator and we find out that he is back and went further down the mountain.  So we went further down the road and got a call from the Relief Society President asking where we were.  We said we were looking for Brother Rodel.  She then replies with, “He just walked through the door of the chapel and is looking for you.”  So then we miraculously got a tricycle to take us back to the chapel from the other side of the area and were able to baptize Brother Rodel at 6:30 that night.  It was quite an adventure right before the baptism but everything seemed to work out!  I then came to the realization that "something will go wrong" whenever you have something planned, therefore, you just need to be flexible enough to do whatever needs to be done to make things work out.  That is one characteristic of a good leader.  Incidentally, Brother Rodel has 3 children we'll be focusing on next to get baptized in early August. :)

On a brighter and less stressed note, Sister Julie Anne Heve is getting baptized this Saturday!  Yay!  Back-to-back baptisms!  We've been teaching her a lot lately.  Her mom is a less active member and the rest of her family is non-members.  Since she started the lessons she's been really progressing.  Her sister Joan Lynn is also progressing but has a busier schedule than Julie Anne so she'll be our next focus.  But we're really excited because we had a great lesson in which we watched the TESTAMENTS with them and the entire family cried.  They didn't want us to leave because the Spirit was so strong even though the lesson lasted about an hour and a half.  Missionary life is great!

Things to look forward to: our zone activity will be at the waterfalls this transfer and it will be great!

Zone interviews are this week so we'll see how things go with the new mission president.

I'm really grateful for this week because we’ve been really focused on accomplishing the goals we've set and setting effective plans to accomplish them.  We have seen many miracles in our week when it comes to our plans as if the Lord has been guiding us to the people that are really prepared.  The field here is white all ready to harvest and I'm happy to be a part of it.

About my new companion, Elder Acera is  Ilocano and from the same area as Elder Peralta.  He comes also from a broken family but have 10 brothers and sisters and a dad that is strong in the gospel. His dad teaches his ex-wife and her new husband about the gospel too.  Haha!  Elder Acera is a very matibay “strong” missionary, always seeking to improve and do better, very friendly and loving.  He's a good listener and asks me about you guys all of the time.

Elder Lim and Elder Coe my past companions are also in the Zone.  There are 19 missionaries in total and maybe I’ll be able to talk about them eventually but they are all good missionaries.

Sorry, I’m overtime now so I have to go.  I don't get to email much so I’ve been losing my time management in that area.  Schmuki, Stacy, Mariah (who is now at the MTC) and a ward missionary from Cubao, Tita Lennet and Ben Dela Mare all emailed me this week!  Next time, I’ll write my email first so we can talk about the letter.  And then I can dag-dag sa mga (add on to my) experiences ko dito that I forgot to write down, okay?  Goodnight!  Have a great week!  I'm glad you had a fun vacation!!!  I love you and thanks for staying up with me :)  Did you get my post card?

Darn, this computer is so slow! It's killing me....

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_
Elder Acera, my companion, and I
An example of the roads we walk on
All green!  Yay!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment