Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November 17, 2012 – Email of the week!

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and all other fellow travelers through life seeking happiness,

Gave out a baptismal invitation to a new investigator Rick today, he said he would join the church when he knows it’s true!  Wohoo!  Now just for a specific date of the baptism. Rick is a 60 year old man who has been searching for the truth but has only been kept from it because he knew not where to find it. We have great hopes for Rick and his family as well. We met a new investigator on Sunday as well. The niece of Sister Go, Mary-Grace Manangan. She has basically grown up in the church but she hasn’t been taught about the gospel because her mom is not a member. So we taught her most of Lesson 1 on Sunday and I felt the Spirit and gave her a baptismal date for December 22nd.  She said yes! It’s close! But I think she can make it. She’s been going to church for a while now.  ^_^ She seems very interested for a 15-year-old. It was a great week for missionary work overall.  Right now we have 2 baptism dates and 1 potential baptism date as well. Not bad for the smallest area in the Philippines and for the shortest allotted time to work. Well, 2nd shortest…the APs have less time to work than we do. Then again, our work is different work, but it is 
still work for God, nonetheless.

I did receive some training this week from the Philippines Area Office for my new position. They did answer a lot of the questions about the work I’m supposed to do and it’s a lot deeper than I had thought. But it’s okay…Kaya ko!  (I can do it!)

Having my camera back is great! I left it in the van I turned in to the PAO to get fixed. Good thing they kept it for me. It feels good again to take pictures and save memories. I realized a few months ago that one of the attributes of the Philippines that I’ve had even in America was the innate desire to take pictures of everything special to me. Haha! All of my Filipino friends in school had digital cameras and would always take pictures. Another thing that people in the Philippines here love is what are called “remembrances.”  It’s a little thing that people give each other here as a remembrance of them. It doesn’t have to be something big or glorious, just something to remind them of you. For most people I write letters and give them a picture or a tie. But sometimes you get key chains, t-shirts, etc., just a little “something-something” of sentimental value. I realized that I got that from my heritage. Haha. It’s probably something I’ll do when I get back home.

Spiritual thought:

My Spiritual thought for this week comes from a video I found on LDS.org about the victims of Sandy.  It’s a really touching video about Christ-like love and unconditional service shown by the “yellow vests.”  This video can say more than I can so enjoy! ^_^



This video gives me hope for the people in this world. It just goes to show that when a catastrophe strikes, it can bring out the best in people. It tells me that when people come together for a similar cause and work together with nothing but a desire to serve their fellowman and serve God, that is when true happiness and the true blessings flow. Unity is of God, service to others is of God, love for one another is of God.  I know that if people can come together and do these things, they can feel whole and full in heart.  Though they may have lost every earthly possession, they will feel through your own service and sacrifice the love of our Father in Heaven. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^




Zone Leaders teaching missionaries how to cook "sinigang."
Splurged on pizza.  Not a wise decision, I know.
A fish coin purse that Elder and Sis. Harris gave me.


No comments:

Post a Comment