Thursday, August 8, 2013

July 21, 2013 - JesuCristo

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and people who think that broccoli isn't as bad as TV make it seem,

What a wonderful week really!  More hard work, more miracles, and another baptism!  Sister Julie Ann Heve was baptized on Saturday by Elder Acera.  We've been working really hard to get her baptized.  Her mother has been a less-active for a while but is active now.  She wants her family to be baptized as well so we started with her daughter, Sister Julie Ann.  She was really accepting to the message and was feeling the Spirit quite quickly. They both really want their family to be all members so we'll be working with her Ate Joan Lyn and Tatay Heve next.  Although they are available pag-Sunday lang (only on Sundays).   In any case, it's a good start for them and they are seeing changes in their family accepting the missionaries.  Many of my baptisms so far have been from part-member families.




We are also teaching Brother Rodel's children now.  He has 3 of them close to baptism; Jay-R, 12, Jay-M, 11, and Rose Ann.  They are very nice and very sweet children but they are slow at learning.  We've taught them 3 times this week and we've spent most of the time trying to help them pronounce Jesus Christ's name correctly and remember who Thomas S. Monson is.  Like, one day we asked them who came to earth to atone for our sins and they said, “Jesus Krast” or “Jesess Kreses.”  One time, I decided to try it in Tagalog instead, JesuCristo.  So I said, copy me… "JE"..."je"... "SU"... "su"... "CRIS"... "cris"... "TO"... "to"....”JesuCristo”...”Jose Ristal!”   Ahh!!!!  It’s definitely like one of those movie scenes where they still say it wrong no matter how hard you try.  But it's fine, they eventually got it.  We just need to work with them enough so that they can get baptized as well.  They really haven't had any education in that family so it's a little difficult for them but with love and patience, it'll work out.

Elder Acera and I, for the first time in my whole mission, have been able to achieve all of the mission standard for key indicators!!!!  Note: there are a set number by the mission president for the key indicators (or where we should focus our efforts for the week) in order to help us balance our focus from recent converts, investigators, finding new investigators, and so forth.  It’s a various amount of work and we were able to hit the number for all of them this week!  I'm so excited!  That includes the Baptism and Confirmation goal as well!  Anyway, for those of you who don't really know what I’m talking about, we were able to focus and plan our work in order to be the most productive and effective missionaries we can be and we hit the goals we set to attain this effectiveness.

In my personal study, I found a great spiritual thought this week in John 17:20-22 about the oneness of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost in purpose, in power, and in authority, and but how they are still separate and distinct beings in the Lord's intercessory prayer.

20 Neither pray I for these (meaning the apostles) alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word ;(everyone else)

 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

The last verse emphasizes that the sacred oneness that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost have achieved is not exclusive to only them.  It shows that we too can become one with them through our exceeding faithfulness and obedience to the laws and commandments they have set, that if we follow the path that they have set for us through their prophets, we can also with them enjoy eternal glory in the life to come.  Isn't that great to think about?

Oh my gosh!  I’m getting a headache just thinking about all the coordinating that had to happen to make Youth Conference a success!   I feel that way too, sometimes, where we set goals and make plans with other missionaries.  Or with the branch members we expect to attend a baptism and everyone arrives like 30 minutes late and such like that.  Where we are in charge of the food and drinks and decorating and basically everything and then the leaders don't even get there on time.  Sometimes it's really embarrassing and super stressful.  Thank goodness I learned how to deal with stress in the office!

Ryan said he really loved Youth Conference and the temple baptism was one of his favorite parts. Things are working so well for Ryan these last few months and I'm glad.  He's having many great experiences before his mission.  You too!  You are having so many great experiences as well.  Are you and dad planning on serving a mission?  You should!  It's the best!  Do you think that your calling is preparing you for something else in the future?

Oh, I might not be online on time next week because we have a zone activity in Daranak Falls. So, we'll be there on the other side of the province most of the day.  Don't stay up late waiting for me.  I might not get back until late.  I pray you have a great week.  Until next week!  Take care of yourselves!  I love you and can't wait to see you again in 5 months!

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^

P.S.

Thank you for spending the time to reading this blog.  Your support and prayers mean a lot to me and they give me strength constantly.   ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment