Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 18, 2013 - New Companion

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and everyone who plays monopoly, buys boardwalk, and no one lands on it the entire game!!! 

This week has been a little bit hectic because of transfer day.  We, now as Zone leaders, have to make sure that everyone gets to their new zone with a companion with them and that no sisters travel alone and such like that, and some of these people don't know how to get everywhere like I do.  They get pretty anxious about having to travel across the entire mission with nothing but directions and a taxi driver they've never met before.  You can understand how things get frustrating sometimes.  Anyway, it was the 2nd time for our mission to do transfers this way so we're still experimenting but for the most part, it worked out well.  It was the most stressful day of the week for me.... >.< 



But other than that the week has been good.  My new companion is Elder Millora from Mindanao. He's a really good guy.  We've had 2 areas that were the same.  He also served in Mindoro in my area, and in Taguig after Jeff got baptized.  So we kwento (talked/discussed) a lot about the specific trials and challenges in those areas.  He knows a lot about oldies songs and plays basketball but he actually really likes computer games.  I can already tell that we'll get along well.  We like to sing oldies songs sometimes.  Haha!

In other news, Brother Rodel and his family have been evicted from their house.  It actually was not their house to begin with but they were living there while he was trying to find a new place.  In any case, on Wednesday we were trying to find them a place to live when a member said that there was a lot that they can build a house on.  One of the Senior Couples has a friend who donated money so that they could buy the lot and materials to make them a house there.  The best thing is that this lot is owned by an investigator of Elder Robertson who was in desperate need of money so everyone is being helped out by this.  We were able to spend a few mornings working on the house and building it. We're getting there but it might be till next week when they can move in.  So everyone is getting blessed here and it's amazing!  Here are some pictures.  (see below)

Okay, so it's been tiring work and I’ve been waking up sore this whole week but it's going well and it's worth it. Unfortunately, Brother Rodel and his family are now in the other area so we can’t teach them anymore.  But it's okay, Elder Alvarex and Elder Robertson will take good care of them.  ^_^

In closing I want to share a nice spiritual thought from this month's Ensign about decision making.  This was a story by President Boyd K Packer…

“Shortly after I was called as a General Authority, I went to Elder Harold B. Lee for counsel.  He listened very carefully to my problem and suggested that I see President David O. McKay.  President McKay counseled me as to the direction I should go.  I was very willing to be obedient but saw no way possible for me to do as he counseled me to do.

“I returned to Elder Lee and told him that I saw no way to move in the direction I was counseled to go. He said, ‘The trouble with you is you want to see the end from the beginning.’  I replied that I would like to see at least a step or two ahead.  Then came the lesson of a lifetime: ‘You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you.’  Then he quoted these 18 words from the Book of Mormon:

“‘Dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith’” (Ether 12:6).

Let us all walk to the edge of the light and beyond with faith in knowing that the Spirit will tell us if we are going in the wrong direction.  I know that this is true and this is how we can show our faith.  It will be tough, the future is uncertain, but have the confidence in knowing your Heavenly Father has a plan for you and that there is more than one way to do what is right.

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^









No comments:

Post a Comment