Monday, December 16, 2013

December 13, 2013 – Hopefully, my last email!

Dear Mom, Dad, Lauren, and Elder Froude, and everyone waiting for Christmas!

Well, this is it…my last email, hopefully, as a Full-Time missionary. It’s been a great and wonderful journey, and I’ve enjoyed every step of the way. I hope and pray that my passport will be able to come in from the Immigration office on time so that I can spend the Christmas season with my family. I ask my kind supportive readers, if you will pray for me tonight and 1. Tell him 5 things that you are grateful for this year, 2. Ask Him if it be His will to bless the missionaries who are waiting to go home this Christmas season who should have been home by the 4th and the ones trying to come home by the 18th (including me) and 3. Whatever else your heart desires. I would be so grateful for your support!

Things have been more crazy than usual this week. Mainly because my schedule looked like this.
Monday: Prepare for Christmas Conference.
Tuesday: Christmas conference for the 1st half of the mission (all day)
Wednesday: Mission Leadership Conference (all day)
Thursday: Christmas Conference for the 2nd half of the mission (all day)
Friday: Prepare for transfers… + Meeting with President
Saturday: P-Day+ Christmas Party at Quirino 1st ward (song presentation)

Christmas Conference! Was simply the best, besides the fact that I had to MC the whole thing.  I introduced all of the songs and skits we performed per zone and the gift exchange numbers with games and everything! I feel like I had the most exercise in the longest time because I was running around so much taking care of everything.  Man, you’d think with 3 APs things would be easier!  Haha! Well, it was a fun time. I have some pictures but most of them are in the office computer. What I mainly have are videos which you’ll have to wait for if you would like to watch. Haha!  They are funny! We were also able to watch a nice Christmas movie like last time that was heartwarming and everyone loved it. We were kind of nervous cause we never really watched it and we decided to go with it. Luckily, it was good! However, one of the missionaries got a little too excited from the party and we had to take him to the hospital. That was not fun but he ended up okay in the end.

Wednesday was the Mission leadership conference and we met with all of the zone leaders and sister trainer leaders to discuss the new changes. It took all day. And since I was going home, President sent me to take care of a few errands with Sister Revillo and another elder for preparation for the next day’s Christmas conference. I got to drive President’s car! O.o  It was so nice! It was a Hyundai Santa Fe and it just glided over the street. It was great! Then we did the same thing on Thursday as we did Tuesday with different people. I got a women’s perfume one day for the exchange gift which I quickly traded for a teddy bear, then the next day I got razors… saying (too bad), I just bought one the week before.

Next week will be transfers, exit day, and of course, my last day in the field. I will spend the next few days organizing with my companions all of the logistics of the whole transfer week and such. No time to falter now! Just keep on going to the end! And if my end is extended then be it so by the Will of God. And if it be His will that I shall be home at the right time, then it shall come to pass. Mosiah 2:41 please read and ponder until we shall meet again!  I love you, goodnight!!

Doing you Proud,

Elder Froude ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment