Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August 28, 2012 – End of Transfer 4

Dear Mom, Dad, Ryan, and all others who are reading in search for words of happiness,

You've come to the right blog ^_^… I have many stories to share this week.

It's been transfer week so it's been 10 days since my last P-day but this means that I have more things to write about!  First off, my companion is transferring.  Which means that I'll be getting a new companion on Saturday!!!  It will be Saturday because Elder Bednar is coming to Quezon City and speaking to all of the missionaries.  Except us in Mindoro.... T_T   We're an island away so we can't go and see him.  Sigh..... But it's okay.

An amazing thing happened this week.  We had been teaching every now and then, a father of an RM, a recent returned missionary (RM).  And he's been less active for a few years now and he's pretty madaldal (talkative).  Haha!   Basta (Anyway), we've been teaching him every now and then without seeing much progression.  But something happened this last week.  We invited him to church and he came!  He comes every now and again anyway but he came to church and it was great!  We went to teach him later that day and he was saying how he wanted to enjoy the blessings of temple with his family.  He's come to church 2 times since, but now he understands how important the church is to eternal families.  It's been great to see his sudden progression and change of heart.  We read Mosiah 5 with him about the change of heart of the people of King Benjamin and it was overall a great lesson. ^_^.

Several times now, my companion and I have been on splits with the branch missionaries.  It's amazing to see the difference in my teaching skill over the last transfer.  I've also been reading an article a missionary friend printed out for me called, The 4th Missionary.  He suggests not reading it until you are already a few months out in your mission so that you can relate to the truths. But anyway, there was a part of it that I really loved that I'm going to adopt into one of my life favorites.  And I want you to think of personal experiences as you read this…

"Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you opportunity to respond by applying in your life the teachings of Jesus Christ."

It's pretty amazing!  So, I’m going to think about that every time I have a trial, which (contrary to popular belief) even happens to missionaries.  Hindi kami perpekto! (We are not perfect!)

So, I've been thinking about things I wanted for my birthday and not many things came up.  But I do have a list of things :)  I'm a man of simple pleasure.  I like small thoughtful things.  So, here they are…

1.  Recent wallet-size picture of everyone (individual or together)  and their favorite scripture on the back of the picture and why.

2.  Can you guys record yourselves saying a few words of encouragement and putting it on a CD and sending it to me?  That would be great :)

3.  A handkerchief… something to remind me of you all.  Not that the thousand pictures I have in my desk don't already ;p

4.  More pictures!!!

5.  Maybe a belt, I don't know, I could probably just get one here.

6.  Letters from you :)

7.  Just be creative!  ^_^  I'm not so much into material things as I am into sentimental things :)

Ooops, running out of time!  Darn!  Don't worry next pday is on Monday, so it's close by so I’ll talk to you again then.  This time I'll write down beforehand the events I want to write about.  Mahal Kita, Mom!  (I love you, Mom!)  Don't worry…it hasn't been storming here.  Just rain every now and then.  Everything's okay :) I love you! But I have to go now, bye!   Until then…

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment