Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 19, 2012 - E-mail of the week!


This week was a tough week, but not because of work, well, I guess work wise as well, but because I was just borderline sick all week and then Saturday it hit me all at once and I was in bed all day.  >.<  I have had a fever on and off since Wednesday.  But I’m doing fine now.  I'm eating so that's good.   I definitely do not like being sick on the mission.  Because then you sit in bed and think of all the people you could have taught that day and you can basically do nothing.  You can only watch so many General Conference talks.  haha!  It was definitely not the best day ever.  But still, many good things did happen this week.  And I think I was supposed to get sick on purpose because we were supposed to have a meeting with the branch president on many branch matters that needed attending to, but I was sick.  So I prayed about it, whether or not I should go, and I received an impression to have the zone leaders, Elder Herr and Elder Duenas, go for me instead.  And they said afterwards that so much was accomplished.  They were able to help him (the branch president) in ways I probably could not have, so that worked out perfectly because they are more experienced with the language. 

On Wednesday, we spent a lot of the afternoon trying to find referral that people gave us.  So we were asking around for a Gina Cantelaria who lives in San Roque 2. Oh, for those of you who don't know, there are no complete addresses in Mindoro.  When you ask people for their address, they give you the barangay they live in and that's about it. Then, you have to ask people around if they know where this person lives or that person lives.  And if you get lucky, they'll draw a map for you or take you right to them.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun!  It was my first time leading when finding referrals, so I basically just went buck wild and talked to everyone.  Except no one knows who this Gina person is!!!  But we asked about the places she lived near.  And so people told us to go down this street, then down this other road, down this place, ask a tindahan (shop) and then they said go across the river.  I said how?  They said, “by the bamboo bridge behind the shop.”  O.o  Oh my gosh!!!   It was the Best day ever!  The bridge was all rickety and sketchy but it was solid.  It held us up and I totally looked like a tourist watching every step I took!  Haha!  But I got used to it half way through the river.  It was definitely fun :) Unfortunately, we did not find Gina, but we found another referral, a Carlito Rosary, who is interested in our message.  He is Adventist but he is a seeker of the truth and he had some deep questions for us that we were able to answer with the Gospel, so he invited us back for later tonight so wish me luck!!!

My spiritual thought for the day is about Charity and the power therein.  Ponder the words as you read them and seek revelation from God.  These are Paul's words to the Corinthians about Charity.
In Corinthians Chapter 13 it reads:

 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

All of the gifts of God and the rights and privileges are of no worth if you have not charity.  But if one can develop charity, through much prayer and fasting (for charity is a gift from God), miracles can happen.  I know these things to be true.  As you develop charity for those you serve, and those you work with, you will find a greater spirit and a greater power to accomplish that which God requires of you.  If ye have not the love of Christ in your heart as you do the things that lead to happiness, you cannot be happy.  It is a gift from God, it is a Choice, and it can help us become more like our savior and help those around us come closer to Christ. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Thanks, Mom!  I love you too, and your Tagalog makes me so happy.  Haha!  I can understand it kasi. Grabe naman… ang tagalog ko ay mas maganda na…medio lang!  Haha!   Pero ang pag-unlad ko ay araw araw.

Mahal kita din at naisip ko sa iyo araw araw din. ^_^ Nag mimiss ako sa iyo!  (He needs a little work on his grammar but he has definitely improved on the language!  -Cecille-)

Doing You Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^
Going to Barangay San Roque to find a referral.
The sketchy, rickety bridge I was nervous about at first.
Getting more confidence.
With Zone Leader, Elder Herr.
Planning meeting...looking legit!
Notice the switch?  I'm ambidextrous!

No comments:

Post a Comment