Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 2, 2012 – Just tidbits

So, I’m going to update you on what I can…I have a big list of things I want to write down.  So, here I go in tidbits…

First off, while eating lunch today with the zone, the restaurant played Aerosmith’s "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and I was remembering all of the good times we've had, and Armageddon, and a lot of things and it was fun!  Haha!  The next song that played was “Valentine” by Martina McBride.  Haha! Oldies talaga!  (Oldies hits!)

So, Elder Olvido has transferred on Thursday…my new companion, Elder Coe, didn't come till Saturday so I worked with Elder Smith for 3 days.  I’ve been leading the area and the lessons and such but it's been odd.  Since I’ve been leading, my understanding has increased and I've been able to keep up with most of what people are saying.  And getting to know people has gotten easier as well. I've been able to teach with the Spirit a lot more because I've had much more required of me this past week.

Couple missionaries, the Candlands, and Elder Olvido's last day before transferring.
My new companion, Elder Coe.
With Elder Smith
Elder McCoy is here in Mindoro now.  He's been super sick the last 3 days, though.  So, he hasn't been able to go up to his area in Sablayan.  He'll be leaving though in an hour, but man, he's been so sick!

I feel kind of sayang (I missed out) right now because Elder Bednar spoke to all of the missionaries in the mission besides Mindoro because we're on an island.  But, it's okay.  They passed down most of the good words that I want to share with you.

The Elders that went to see Elder Bednar told us a few things that he said that stuck out to them.  One of them was a question about Sacrifice.  Elder Bednar's reply was;

“Sacrifice is done only in mortality, you will not be asked to sacrifice in the next life. We sacrifice in Mortality for a better Eternity. The more we sacrifice, the more we realize everything belongs to Him.”

I thought that was great. Other things pertain to missionary work, such as, “The best way to help someone learn is to help them use their agency to act upon the things you say in order to feel the witness of the Holy Ghost that what you say is true.”

I haven't been able to make a lot of progress with the investigators lately.  Well, I haven't been able to visit them in a while.  But my focus this week is to really work with them and help them come into baptism, which is still difficult without the branch presidents having marriage authority.

Oh my gosh, I'm feeling a little bit frustrated right now because there is so much I want to say but I don't have enough time to type everything!   Gosh, so much!  

Hey, I'm going to need to go now.  But, can you email Schmuki and tell her I got her email and that I’m happy she's happy.  And not to worry about writing.  I haven't gotten mail in 3 weeks anyways. The Whitings said there is a package for me in the mail so I'll get it on Thursday when the Zone leaders go up to Manila.  So, we'll see what happens.  It could be the best day ever!

Yeah, I need to go now.  But, I love you!  Please take care!  The thing is I really need to use the CR right now!  Hahaha!!!

Doing you Proud,
Elder Froude ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment