Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March 2, 2012 - An email of amazement!!!

Guess what?!?
I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS!!!!! 
Okay so here is what my travel plans say:
Leave Salt Lake City at 4:49pm - SanFran at 5:56pm
Then, I have a 7 hour layover till my flight from SanFran to Hong Kong at1:05am 14th of March till 6:45am 15th of March then from Hong Kong at 9:05am-Manila at 11:10am :)

It's so awesome they are finally here; I’m so stoked to finally be getting to the PHI in about 11 days.
Because I have a 7 hour layover that means I have 7 hours to talk to you all on the phone!!! haha jk Idk how long I can talk yet but I will talk to President Stott about the disposable phone on Sunday; if it’s not tama then I’ll just get phone card k? Either way, I can't wait to finally be able to talk to you all again!!!

Thanks, dad, for the testimony you sent me and the race analogy. I shared it with my companion and he loved it. Haha!  Every time I go to type up an email everyone comments on how fast I type! lol It's cause I just type so fast because of the 30 minute time limit. LOL Anyway "now back to the good part." So, about you all helping me with Lesson 4 of preach my gospel, I’m sorry I should have been more specific. What you sent to me mom was great! But what I wanted, and didn't specify was that I wanted you all to help me find scriptures and stories and questions I can ask to keep the investigator engaged in what I was saying. 

I’m so glad that you all got my Epistle to Ryan ^_^ I had a lot of fun writing it. You know it all started with me praying about what I should write to Ryan, and it turned into that. To be honest I don't remember all that I wrote in it, but I knew I was being led by the spirit when I wrote it so treasure it well my brother and heed its warnings and promises.

Guess what? So my teacher brother Lopez is the son of Marlo Lopez. And guess what else? Marlo Lopez just got called to be a mission President in Bacolod!!! ahhh!!! Thought I should share that with you.

Could you share what I said about my favorite scripture now to the rest of the family as well? 2 Corinthians 1... thank you.

No no no!!! I loved the Tagalog letter!!! It helped me realize how much I need to learn, and how much I do know, it was fun trying to translate and understand it all. I probably got 70% of it without looking words up or asking my teacher. The rest was deductive reasoning haha!!! Oh guess what else? This week has been great cause on Tuesday Elder Holland came!!!! He's like my favorite speaker, with Elder Bednar as a close 2nd (apostle speaker) the prophet speaks with a different spirit than the Apostles if you know what I mean. Anyway it was a great talk on our purpose as a missionary of course, and how the PMG (Preach My Gospel) was the result of President Hinckley’s concern that people were going on missions and falling away from the church. He said it was unacceptable and so they created the PMG to convert the missionary before they went out into the field. Then they would know that the missionary was less likely to fall away if the messenger was converted. They figured that if the messenger was taught the message, then they could have an easier time teaching it to others. The brethren now do not tell us what to teach or how to teach it. They teach us who to be. The PMG is not a book or just paper, it’s what you should become, it is what kind of person you need to be a great missionary. And tell all the YM that. But the thing is, they won't understand what it means until they get out into the field (if they do). It's a very interesting concept and I love it. The brethren only ask for one convert to the church on your mission....just one... you. If you become converted to the Gospel then you'll be a much better member of the church and can have the ability to build up Zion. I understand completely what he's saying. I've been a member all of my life but in just the last 9 months have I become fully converted to this Gospel, the Gospel and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And it came through much trial and suffering, prayer with a purpose and studying the scriptures with real intent. But not only that, I had developed the Faith, and gained the knowledge and testimony that I needed, but what truly converted me was action. The act of using all that I had learned and prayed to be true in my life to serve others. As I learned to serve others with the gospel and address their needs with scripture through the power of the Holy Ghost, I found who I am and what my purpose is on this Earth. I know that I say this to you and you've heard it all before, but once you've actually been through it then you'll understand what it is that I mean when I say pray, study the scripture and become converted to this Gospel. Practice what you preach has a whole new meaning to me. I say that I have been truly converted to this gospel just within the year, but I know I will be come more converted once I start my work in the PHI and serve my Filipino brothers and Sisters. The Church is true, I promise because I have seen the miracles and have felt the peace that comes from doing what is right and striving to become like Christ. And I know you can too in the name of Jesus Christ, He who suffered so much for our sins because of his unfeigned love, amen.

Wow I didn't see myself writing all that when I planned this out, but it was what the spirit wanted me to say so there you go. I'm way out of time now so I’ll have to go, enjoy my email!!! Write back soon!!!! Ingat!!!!

 Doing you proud,
Elder Froude ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment